Now Hiring General Manager
August 15, 2022
Kempner Water Supply Corporation is seeking a proven leader to fill the role of General Manager. The ideal candidate will manage a seasoned team of water professionals responsible for our treatment plant and distribution system.
The General Manager, under the supervision of the Board of Directors, performs a wide variety of tasks necessary for the efficient production and distribution of water in sufficient quantity and quality to meet customer demand. As the chief administrative officer of the Kempner Water Supply Corporation, (KWSC), the General Manager carries out all directives, policies and procedures set forth by the Board and is responsible for organizing and directing the work of all staff members. The General Manager also ensures that all legal and regulatory requirements of the KWSC are being met, serves as the primary point of contact for consultants and government agencies, oversees the financial affairs of the KWSC and performs all other duties as assigned by the Board.
Education and Experience
- Required Class "B" or higher Surface Water Certification
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Five or more years’ supervisory experience with: a surface and distribution water system to include computer (telemetry control) water distribution systems, Budget/finance, office software; Texas Commission on Environmental Quality and Independent contractors.
- Experience with membrane filtration system
KWSC Water System
- Membrane microfiltration water treatment plant
- 310 Miles of Certificate of Convenience and Necessity (CCN) in four counties
- 5800 Retail meters
- Two wholesale customers
- Combined water production with Central Texas Water Supply Corporation
- Ensures compliance with Texas and Federal EPA water quality standards
- Maintains routine and state mandated water sampling records and prepares production and treatment reports
- Provides monthly oral and written reports to the Board regarding utility status and needs.
- Supervises routine maintenance and inspection of equipment; performs and/or supervises repairs, adjustments, maintenance and/or replacement of pumps, electric motors, meters, and chemical feeders; and maintains proper records of all maintenance and repairs
- Responds to emergency conditions according to standard procedure
- Calculate water loss
Managerial, Financial and Administrative Duties
- Supervises all office, field and plant employees through, CFO, office manager, field manager or plant
- Ensures that an adequate inventory of materials, supplies and equipment is maintained
- Ensures inventory control procedures are in place so as to prevent loss of corporate assets
- Oversees the activities of contractual services
- Develops estimates for recommended purchases of goods and services
- Maintains all financial records, revenues, and expenditures
- Ensures that all receipts are properly documented and deposited in a timely manner
- Ensures the timely payment of all system debts and obligations and tracks revenues and expenditures in relation to the adopted budget
- Serves in conjunction with the secretary/treasurer as the investment officer for the Corporation
- Maintains all system files and records, including operational and maintenance records; sanitary surveys, Charter, By-Laws, CCN, sampling results, Tariff and/or other Board adopted policies, contracts, and board
- Oversees requests for service to ensure compliance and the application of all system policies
- Ensures all collections are made in a fair and equitable manner and termination policies are applied according to board policies
- Handles customer inquiries and complaints related to water service
- Refers to the Customer Relations Committee all unresolved issues and inquiries
- Participates with the board and consulting engineers in planning system improvements and expansion
- Assists with the posting of notifications to all board meetings
- Assists in the development of the annual budget
- Works closely with engineers, contractors, local elected officials, state regulatory and financing agencies and (when necessary) the media.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Extensive knowledge of the methods, practices, tools, and materials used in the operation of membrane filtration system
- Maintenance and repair of water production, treatment, storage and distribution equipment and machinery
- Thorough knowledge of the equipment and procedures used in installing and repairing water mains and service meters
- Knowledge of safety regulations for employees and the public, including chlorine and other chemical hazards
- Ability to plan, organize and supervise the operation, maintenance and repair of the utility's storage, treatment and distribution systems and the organizational skills necessary for scheduling daily activities
- Ability to prepare concise and accurate records and reports
- Ability to help develop and implement the utility's policies and procedures
- Skills in public relations
- Ability to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to effectively supervise the work of subordinates
- Demonstrated fiscal management ability
Salary: Negotiable based on credentials and experience.
If you meet the above qualifications and would be interested in joining our team, please submit the application in the link below and send resume to email@example.com.