Please check here for the latest information on proposed improvements to our water utility!
Steger & Bizzell Engineering Project Summary
- Cedar Creek Pump Station – Design and construction of an 400gpm pump station. Pump station consisted of 2x 30hp, 400 gpm pumps and a 5,000 gallon hydroneumatic tank. Final cost of pump station $430,740.10. (Completed 2013)
- Maintenance of KWSC's system maps by updating with meters added in service each month, and update the hydraulic model which evaluates areas for high and low pressures and flows. Approximately 58 meters were added in the last 12 months. Provide current system maps to KWSC in January 2015 for use by office and field staff. (Completed 2014)
- Engineering Reviews/Studies for the following Subdivisions/Developments:
- Northern Hills Phase I (September 2014)
- Tract 35, Oak Springs II (April 2015)
- Preparation of a Long Range Plan designating priority of known required system improvements, the Long Range Plan included the following projects:
- North East 18” Transmission Main – Project would construct an 18” Transmission Main along Big Divide Road, the main would provide an additional water supply to the north east portion of KWSC system.
- Hog Farm Road (CR 3010) 6” Pipeline – Project would construct a 6” water line in Hog Farm Road allowing for improved service to existing customers and future development.
- Replacement CR 3420 Pump Station – Project would replace the aging CR 3420 Pump Station in order to provide improved service to the area.
- Create GIS and Hydraulic Model – Project would create a GIS and Hydraulic Model of KWSCs existing system, allowing for accurate prediction of recommendation of system upgrades.
- SH 195 Pump Station Repair – Project would replace 2 existing pumps at the SH 195 pump station with upgraded units.
- Oakalla Road 6” Pipeline – Project would construct a 6” water line in Oakalla Road allowing for improved service to existing customers and future development.
- Preliminary Engineering Report and Environmental Report for USDA-Rural Development funding for the following projects:
- Upgrade Northeast Pump Station Supply Line
- Boy’s Ranch Road 2” Loop – Project will extend an existing 2” water line and connect to an existing 6” water line to satisfy TCEQ maximum connection restrictions.
- Dogwood Drive 3” Upgrade – Project will upgrade an existing 2” water line to a 3” water line to satisfy TCEQ maximum connection restrictions.
- CR 3600 2” Loop – Project will connect the existing 2” water line in CR 3600 to an existing 2” water line at the intersection of CR 3600 and CR 1690. Project will satisfy TCEQ maximum connection restrictions and also allow better circulation of water through that portion of water line.
- Cliff and Eldine Poe Water Treatment Plant Clearwell THM Reduction Modifications – Project will construct an aeration system designed to reduce the amount of Trihalomethanes (THMs) being formed in the water system.